Saturday, October 10, 2020

texas

 I’m so disgusted after last week that I’m really going through the motions more than normal this week. If it wasn’t texas I’m not sure I would have even had the energy. But, I think back to my first year at OU when the Sooners won two games the entire season, OSU and texas. It wasn’t a successful season by any stretch but it made an awful season slightly better. I don’t think OU is that level by any stretch but they are bad. The defense continues to hit new lows and the offense, while solid, isn’t bailing them out this year. It’s disappointing to say the least, but here’s hoping they at least best OSU and texas. 


Offense


Rattler has not been the juggernaut we’d all assumed he would be. However the bar was almost unattainably high for a guy who’d never played a meaningful collegiate snap. So, while I think he’ll put up good numbers, I’m not going with him today. I’ll take McGowan. If OU has any hope of winning, they’ll lean on the run game to do it. 


Defense


See last week’s non-pick. What a joke. 


Score


For the first time in several years, texas has a marked advantage at the QB position. That worries me, particularly with how terrible the defense has been. But, I will go against my better judgement and hope for a James Allen-esque miracle. Sooners win it 31-30. 


Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment