Saturday, October 30, 2010

Colorado

I'll be honest, I'm having trouble getting my heart in this one. After beating us last week, Mizzou is shitting all over themselves in Nebraska right now. This basically confirms that the entire offseason was built around the theme, "Ruin Oklahoma's Season". Content with that result MU will likely proceed to lose 2-3 more games adding ammunition to the media's already loaded pistol that we aren't for real. In all fairness, we aren't for real. Our defense is piss poor.  

I want to say that we'll have revenge on our mind this week after losing last week and losing at Colorado a few years back. However, that's really a pipe dream. I imagine us coming out feeling entitled and going through the motions. I don't think we will pound these guys as much as I would like that. With the collective "vibe" here at the Steamroller officially being set on disgust, I move on to the picks.

Offense

I don't really know who to pick here, but I'm certainly not going with Lonnie. I'm beginning to have a strong distaste for the lad who appears physically incapable of playing in the clutch or anytime on the road. I hope for his sake that after he graduates he's never faced with needing to pray a busload of children off of an icy cliff because that's a certain tragedy and will likely bring in to question his ability to spread the gospel. I'm rambling, but suffice it to say that I'm fed up with him and the ministry plans only add to my general dislike for him. In that light, I am going to go with Roy Finch this week. I think he gets a serious taste of the football this week and I think he shines under the home lights. 

Defense

If I was unsure on the offensive side of the ball who to pick, I'm fucking baffled here. Nobody seems to step up, and Quinton Carter is quickly flying up to the top of most egregious MF award winners in our history. He's solid, but he hasn't dropped my jaw in some time. Although, on this defense solid basically is as good as it gets so maybe he's the right choice. What the hell, I'm going with him this week. Just decided it in this last sentence. I like him for a pick and shitload of tackles. 

I hate the multigenerational Hawkins attack as it beat us in embarrassing fashion the last time we met. I think they'll throw the playbook at us. But I imagine the talent discrepancy is too much for them to overcome on the road. I think we unimpressively win this at home. Like Mitch, I'm not confident and I think if it were in Boulder I'd be more worried. I think we do enough to win, Sooners take it 27-17.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment