Monday, October 18, 2010

Navin Absent Pre-ISU: Shame of the City

I'm not sure what city I've referred to there, but if you get the loose (and obscure) movie reference there, then I guess it would be LA. I'm sheepishly showing my face here again after neglecting to post a pregame ISU breakdown. However, if the results are any indication I may never do one again. We absolutely destroyed ISU. I didn't get to see the game, solidifying speculative reports that I am indeed a shitty fan. I'm not sure how much it meant to dismantle ISU, but it was certainly nice to run away with one that we should have, rather than let them hang around all afternoon. Evidently the debut of Roy Finch was pretty promising, and the big 3 on offense came to play in what seems as though it was their most collectively complete performance this season. Now that I've served you a tall glass of ice cold crimson kool-aid, let me drop a brown in it.

Mizzou will be an extremely tough crowd. Being a native of the Show-Me state I'm familiar with the fan-base...generally a pretty fair weather crowd. That said, when the weather is good they come out strong and will be extremely loud and extremely hostile. As I predicted last week, this looks to be our toughest test yet. With Mizzou at #11 in the BCS currently and with ESPN bringing GameDay to Columbia for the first time this game is poised to derail our run at a conference and (dare I say) national title. Hopefully our defense has truly tightened things up as it appears they did last Saturday. If not, I don't think we win this game. We will absolutely struggle to score points, Lonnie will turn the ball over, and running the ball will be extremely difficult. Their collective hair will be on fire, especially if we are punting early. I've got a really bad feeling about this one. I'm not saying I think we can't win, or that we'll lose, but it's going to be a very different game than last week. Stakes are extremely high, we're wearing that #1 bullseye and Mizzou is much better defensively than the teams we destroyed in 2007 and 2008. More to come this week, but I hope we spent part of our off-week preparing for these guys. We'll need everything we can get.

Doomsday McGoo: The Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment