Saturday, September 22, 2018

Oklahoma Sooners versus Army Black Knights

The Sooners are 3-0 and while last week wasn’t exactly pretty, a win is a win. The Defense took an inevitable step back. I’m still cautiously optimistic this unit has what it takes. In the end they made a play to seal the deal.

This week represents what might be the best test all season for the d. Army’s run spread throwback bullshit whatever it is will require discipline (often lacking) and patience. The Black Knights are bringing a knife to a gun fight which is unfortunate for them.

OFFENSE

The Sooners will gladly use today to continue looking for some rhthym in the running game. Last week Kyler Murray was the leading rusher. While Murray is special and you want to utilize his athleticism I highly doubt Lincoln Riley would like him to be the leading rusher. I imagine today you will see the full complement of running backs.

While the Sooners are figuring that out I imagine they will be looking to go deep early and often. No freaking way Army can cover these wideouts. I’m going Marquise Brown today. He might get 200 receiving yards.

DEFENSE

Mind the gap. Don’t break contain. Play assignment football. Mind the gap. Don’t break contain. Play assignment football. Mind the gap. Don’t break contain. Play assignment football. Mind the gap. Don’t break contain. Play assignment football.

This is what it boils down to. I think the key is up front and I’m going with Kenneth Mann. This is pure gut instinct but I think he’s going to soak up some blockers and let the linebackers feast.

SCORE

The Sooners will score early and often. I think a good result for the D would be giving up less than 250 on the ground. I think a miracle would be keeping Army under 300.

Sooners 63 Army 17

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner




No comments:

Post a Comment