Saturday, September 8, 2018

OU - UCLA

I'm not trying to be hyperbolic but it's hard to imagine the Sooners coming out of the gates looking any better than they did last week against Florida Atlantic. The first team offense played a quarter and a half. The 1st team D pitched a shutout. Special teams had their first blocked punt in years and their first blocked punt for a touchdown since 2002. Kyler Murray was nearly flawless, Hollywood Brown was a beast, Rod ran for 100 on 5 carries or something ridiculous. And from the "Who the fuck is this guy" department, Lee Morris went and earned himself a scholarship.

The defense deserves a ton of credit. This humble blog is far from the only locale in the football universe to rightly doubt and lambaste the Sooners in recent years. Last Saturday, in person and on tape, the defense looked faster and was in better position more often than most games last year. It was stunning in a great way.

Best of all, the Sooners completely dorked a total skeezbag in Lane Kiffin. Fellow dingleberry Chip Kelly arrives this week to get his taste.

OFFENSE

I am going to assume that there have to be other defense's on the Sooners schedule that will have a better chance to flummox or otherwise disrupt Kyler Murray et al than FAU. However, I don't think it's UCLA.

If I were the Sooners I would do some variation of what worked so well last week which was establishing a lethal running attack to set up intermediate and deep shots. What I love about this offense is that it's not dink and dunk it's all out blitzkrieg. It's maximum pressure on the opposing D every single play.

I'm going to go with Rod this week for OPOG. I see him going over around and through the Bruins on land and in the air.

DEFENSE

Deep breath. It was one game but lots of players stood out. Curtis Bolton, Tre Brown, Tre Norwood, Bookie, Parnell Motley, Ronnie Perkins. They need to build on this.

The UCLA offense was unable to do a whole lot against Cincinnati but it will be a nice test going up a Chip Kelly offense. Regrettably, I fell asleep trying to watch the UCLA-Cincy game last week and really don't care to know too much about the UCLA offense. Apparently they have a pretty decent tight end.

For my DPOG I think I'll go Ronnie Perkins. He's a true freshman with a great name and he was flying around last week. Let's see it again, young fella.

SCORE

I like the Sooners big here. I can hardly type on account of my crimson colored glasses. It was so fricking hot last week and the Sooners looked so sharp this 1st team Fan didn't even last a half. This team is good and at home the Bruins don't have a shot.

I'll go Sooners 59, UCLA 17

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment