Saturday, September 29, 2018

Oklahoma Sooners vs. Baylor Bears

You won't see the fanbase of a 4-0 team much more glum than this one. Sooner nation is gearing up for the defensive let down that feels inevitable. I don't know if the Army game was an embarrassment but it was beyond frustrating. It's tough to prepare for an offense you will only see once and aren't conceived of to defend. In the end the Sooners made some plays and hung on.

With that tepid butt patt for the D I welcome the Baylor Bears, the very offense the Sooners are conceived to defend. Feelings of doom will be justified if the Bears put up more than 28 today. The Bears are maybe the 5th best team in the Big 12 running this offense and the first on the slate.

OFFENSE

Marquise Brown was inexplicably quiet last week. He gets back on track this week as Lincoln starts to flex the offense. Related, the running game is likely to look different this week too. The Sooners need to get that aspect rolling and fast. Kyler as the leading rusher is not going to cut it.

DEFENSE

It's not every day you get 24 tackles and find yourself completely overshadowed. That's what happened to Curtis Bolton when Kenneth Murray racked up 28 tackles. I wouldn't be surprised if those two were reflexively tackling bicyclists on campus this week.

I don't think they'll get quite that level of action this week. The secondary might though. I was going to take Parnell Motley for DPOG but I don't want to jinx him. I'll take Bookie instead. I honestly can't name the other starting safety.

THE SCORE

Hopefully the game will be less disjointed than this blog post. The Sooners should get to run more than 15 plays on offense and will have ample opportunity on D to create some turnovers.

I'm not sure the Sooners can hold the Bears under 28. I'll go 42-35 Sooners. People are going to be antsy again.

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment