Saturday, November 10, 2018

Bedlam

Another week, another big showdown for the Sooners. This one is the always heated in-state rivalry. OU didn't do so well in their last rivalry game, let's hope this isn't a repeat. The suddenly vaunted defense reverted to a very stoopsian feel against the high flying Red Raider offense. Sadly, I don't think it's going to improve much for the rest of this season anyway. Looks like OU will continue to have to outscore everyone in a track meet if they want to win games against the tough teams.

OSU is not as good offensively as they normally are, but this OU D is the cure for what ails any offense. I expect another shootout today, and OSU while inconsistent, has shown they can hang with and even beat some good teams. I'm thankful it's at home as a road test would have me clinched up like a snare drum.

Offense

It's becoming increasingly difficult to not look like a psychic when picking an OPG. Nearly every skill player goes off each week. Kyler Murray has been great, and after years of watching QB's in  his mold frustrate and tear apart the OU defense, it's a beautiful thing to have that on the right side. But, in a predictable attempt at outsmarting myself I'm once again going away from him. I like Trey Sermon in this one. Dude is a beast and he only seems to be getting better.

Defense

After two weeks of glad tidings against putrid offenses, the status quo was restored last week. Two uncharacteristic Murray int's early and an extremely questionable PI call on Parnell Motley late, didn't do them any favors, but they once again showed little ability to get consistent stops. I appreciate wanting to make offenses sustain drives, but the 18 yard cushion the DB's have been giving makes the 10 yard out all but guaranteed. I don't really have much faith in anyone, but Kenneth Murray has been pretty consistent, hopefully he'll do some nice things today. How's that for a tepid pick?

Score

The Sooners enter the day as 21.5 point favorites. I feel like I could make a decent living betting on Sooner opponents to cover. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see how the D does enough to maintain that margin. I do think OU can score however and I like them to win this one 52-38, hitting the over in the process.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment