Saturday, November 3, 2018

Oklahoma Sooners vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders

Happy Saturday, Sooner fans. Things have really fallen in to place for the Sooners following the firing of Mike Stoops. First a bye week then back to back hum drum offenses to adjust to new leadership. And now it's time to put that new D to the test on the road, at night, in Prime Time. It's hard to overstate how big this is for the Sooners to prove to themselves and the college football world that they have some semblance of a D.


OFFENSE

The key for the Sooners here is to get Kyler Murray settled down as quickly as possible. The only chance Texas Tech has on defense is to get Murray to make bad decisions. They should do anything to get him scrambling 50 yards in the backfield and taking 12 yard losses. Of course if the O-Line picks up the blitz, he'll feast.

Speaking of offensive lines, the Sooners have a good one and I think they'll use it to bludgeon the Red Raider D and pound the crowd into submission. The Sooners are clicking so well on offense this year that they can score whenever and however they want. They know as well as anyone that their offense is also their best defense. I expect to see a lot of play calling designed to milk the clock.

For my OPOG I'm going Kyler Murray. This game means everything for the Sooners. Your best player has to step up.

DEFENSE

All I want in the world today is to be able to say, in an evil genius type of voice, it looks like the Sooners have a defense. The D has been playing well under Ruffin McNeil but the TCU and K-State offenses are nothing like what they'll face tonight. I'm not convinced the Red Raiders are a juggernaut, either. The Sooners, quite literally, only have to stop them four times to win.

There are so many new faces now I have no idea who to pick for DPOG. I have a vision of Bookie running around like a demon and being a blitzer making life miserable for the Red Raiders. I hope he's playing today. Apparently he's a game time decision. If he plays, he's my guy.

THE SCORE

I think this could be a tight, low scoring (by these teams standards) affair. The Sooners offense will be content to control the ball so they may be a little self limiting and the defense will hopefully get some stops.
If you can believe it, I have faith that they'll do it. I like the Sooners here 35-21.

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner


No comments:

Post a Comment