Saturday, October 15, 2011

Kansas

On the heels of one of the more enjoyable, if not closely competitive, OU texas games of recent memory, we face what will probably be the worst team we play all season (yes I'm aware Ball State was on the schedule). Looking back at last week briefly, I have very little to complain about shockingly. From the credit where it's due file, Lonnie played without question his best half of football as a Sooner. His throws were on time, accurate and he calmly handled pressure. Took a sack and even threw one (that I remember) away! If this is the new Lonnie, he may get my offensive MVP before the year is out...but probably not.

What can you say about the defense? They too were straight HARD last week. Frank Alexander has to be coming up in National defensive player of the year talk now. He's been an absolute menace all season, and has emerged in my opinion as the best player on our defense (not a small compliment). I'm pumped to see what they can do against an overmatched KU squad today.

Kansas gave up points in epic fashion to an OSU squad who is looming large on our schedule at this point. (speaking of, KSU looks like it will be a tough win which would have been a laughable thing to say going in to the season). I think it's unreasonable to think we'll put up 70 on them, that just doesn't happen too often against anyone in college. I do however think this one will be over before the clock runs out. We've got too much on both sides of the ball and they, have jack shit as far as I can tell. (true to form, no homework here).

I have no venom for KU in football season (though it's a small redemption to kick their fucking asses seeing as I hate them in basketball season so much, and they're far harder to beat then), it's hard to hate a team that fucking sucks shit. They're never good, and now that Mangino isn't smuggling calzone's under his armpits on the sidelines anymore, they're harder to make fun of. In short, I have little to say about them. On to the picks.

Offense

I went out on a limb last week with James Hanna and was rewarded with one catch for 7 yards, and a dropped pass. Stellar work on my part. I have no intent on going out on said limb again this week. I think Whaley (apart from the 64 yard run) was irritated with being bottled up a lot last week. I think this week he "gets his" as the urban youths are wont to say. Over 100 yards, and two scores. Not a gutsy pick. Nonetheless, I think it will come to fruition.

Defense

Call it foreshadowing (writer speak, don't bother trying), but I'm going with the previously alluded to Frank Alexander. He's poised to break my single season record of most DPG (defensive player of the game, not disrespectful pounding of the gash, though that's good comedy) picks in a year. Really, I don't give a fuck either. I'm hard for him, no two ways about it. I think whoever their QB is gets pummeled a lot today, Frank merely is in on the fun.

Finally, we're favored by I think 37 or something crazy like that. I didn't place any bets, but I do think we'll cover in this one. KU has an epically bad defense, literally the worst in football. That isn't a good recipe for winning against our offense. Big days all around on O, and we win it going away. Brandon Williams might even get to atone for his fumble (didn't do himself any favors for playing time down the stretch there), for which I'm sure coaches gave him a big fucking bowl of "told you so" this week in practice. Sooners dominate 56-10.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment