Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tech

Back again for another week of Sooner football, this time v. Texas Tech. Though not the pass happy yard hogs of the Mike Leach era, these Raiders still put up pretty impressive numbers offensively. And though I haven't bothered to look, naturally, I'm assuming that ours are better offensively. Mostly because few teams who play competition like ours put up our kind of numbers. I don't know much about the defense either, matter of fact I really know dick about the whole Red Raider squad. I know their QB has a last name that is probably hard to pronounce, or at least not obvious from the spelling, and their coach was a failure at his previous job. All of that with the topping of Owen Field spells trouble for their club.

The Sooners are well positioned to dominate in this one. Coming off a lack luster performance against an inferior team, they will be ready to eat babies and and shit on the collective township of Lubbock. However, what is weird is I hope it's closer than it looks like it will be. The reason is, if we run them out of the stadium today to the tune of 56-3 or something that spells trouble. Here's why. Every game we've played this season where we've looked like a team that could win it all, we follow it up with at least one half of shit football the following week (read: Mizzou and Kansas et al). I'm not sure we can survive in Manhattan next week by taking a dump in our socks in the first half of that one. Can you tell I have a bad feeling about next week?

Anyway, today looks promising for the Sooners and really you have to win this one before we can worry about the next, and win I think we will. We have too much on both sides of the ball for them to hang. They will probably score a few on us, but I don't think this one will be too close for comfort. I say all of that with the caveat that last week I would have bet my scrotum that we were up 21 on KU at half, and that game was competitive well into the third quarter, so who the fuck knows.

Offense

I honestly don't know what to do here, I'm hard downstairs for so many players on our offense and defense that's it's getting tough to avoid picking the same two or three each week. However, I'm going with a "safe" pick this week. I don't think I've picked him yet this season and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but this week I'm going with Broyles. In all likelihood I'm a week late with this, but I don't care. He's been lights out all season, and is just putting up huge numbers when everyone knows he's our biggest weapon. That's impressive. I think the crowd will be wet in the crotch to welcome him home after breaking the record and I think he responds.

Defense

This week, I'm getting back to my roots so to speak. I picked him once earlier in the season and lately I just feel like he's playing at a higher level. He's living up to his moniker after a shaky beginning, and I think we see a nice afternoon out of Tony Motherfuckin' Jefferson. I see multiple tackles, one forced turnover, and here's the kicker one "wow" play. By wow, I mean we see him in the post-game shower to the tune of 9 inches of deli meat tucked between his legs and bruising his hammie's as he twists back and forth (I've been drinking).

This game looks to be a prime week for a tune up. As I said before Tech can't hang with us. I don't know what the spread is but I think we put a fair amount of points up, and a fair amount more than them at that. They'll get some, but we'll handle it setting up a huge showdown for next weekend. Sooners take this one 49-21.

Let's TCB this week, and get the t's crossed and our lower case j's dotted for the stretch run.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment