Saturday, October 29, 2011

K-State

Well, that really sucked hard last week. Nothing is better than having the national championship out of the picture in mid-october. I didn't watch the game and thanks to the rain delay my DVR missed it as well. Turns out that was a good thing. From what I read, it sounds like the offense wasn't in sync early, but make no mistake, if you score 38 points and lose, the offense isn't the main problem. Fucking Venables. I'm sorry, but with the talent we have year in year out, it shouldn't be over a decade since our last title. And let's face it, our offense has scored a shitload of points every year since probably the Paul Thompson season. Anyway, enough dwelling on that. It fucking sucked last week, but nothing is left to do now but hopefully win out.

If you've read this at all the last few weeks, you'll know I'm pretty nervous about this one today. K-State, isn't dominant but they do the right things, by playing solid D and not turning the ball over. Simply doing those two things will keep anyone in nearly any game. As such, we need to come ready to do the same thing today. I'd like to see Gabe Lynn horsewhipped on the field prior to the game and then benched permanently. It's now official in my eyes, though I need to discuss it with Mitch, that Gabe Lynn is the first Matt McCoy memorial Gas Rag recipient in several seasons.  Considering shifting a safety (Aaron Colvin) over to replace him turned out to be a huge upgrade says a lot.

As for today, I think we'll be coming out looking to kick some ass after last week. I hope that we can do it in a tough road environment.

Offense

I don't really know who to go with here, but I'm going with one of my favorite players. I'm going with Kenny Fuckin' Shitbag Stills today. I think he's due, and he has seemed to play well in hostile environments. Here's to hoping he does it again today.

Defense

Today I'm going with Old Steady. K-State appears to like to run the ball quite a bit. As a result I think that Old Steady will make roughly one shitload of tackles today. Not sure he gets a turnover, but I think he'll be all over the place today, and I think he's damn pissed about last week to boot.

I'm nervous about this one, I think it will be tough as hell to win here. However, I think that after last week we'll be ready. I think OU wins a tough one here today, 31-28. My ass is puckered, but let's give these fuckers a much needed defeat and get back on track.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment