Saturday, October 22, 2011

OU vs. Tech

This rabid Sooner fan went to a costume ball last week instead of watching the game. Then, I fat fingered (technical term) my DVR so I pretty much got to see dick of the contest last week. I was able to make it home in time to see the second half thanks in large part to a terribly timed closing of the bar. (Note to future party planners: If you want the party to end just close the bar. It's fool-proof)  It sucked that I missed seeing Ryan Broyles smash the FBS receiving record. But, Navin offered some small measure of consolation by pointing out that, "It'll probably happen again next year".




Praise Jehovah Jireh forYouTube

I'm glad I missed the defense's uninspired first half. Lazy dumb crap wears me out more than anything anyways. The second half was where it was at on that side of the ball. 

So this week offers up a mysterious Texas Tech squad. I still have yet to figure out their identity now that Tommy Tuberville has taken over. I guess they still rack up the yards. I heard their QB is leading the league (maybe nation) in total offense. I'd look it up but it's Texas Tech. Those are 10 seconds I might not get back.

I do know Tech has lost two games in a row, presumably to the only decent competition they've faced. Those two teams are K-State and A&M which OU has not played. So, tough to compare.

All of my confidence derives from the fact that this game is at home. It's been a while since the boys played at Owen Field. It will be nice to see them again in person and I'm sure my feelings are reciprocated by the squad. Also note: Texas Tech does not play the Sooners well in Norman.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down here? These are all glad tidings.

OFFENSE

I was a great date at the costume ball. I grabbed a beer and a chair and proceeded to watch ESPN Gamecast on my phone. I was able to keep up with what has to be one of the statistically poorer games of Lonnie's career. He started off 0-4. That never happens. System QB's don't go 0-4 during any stretch in this OU offense. Quoth Charles Barkley, "That's Turrible".

A home game is the tonic for Lonnie's game. I'm not picking him though. Hell no. Navin and I are now seeing things eye to eye on Lonnie.

 You can also mark it down that whomever I pick will play sparingly, if at all, and will have little to no impact on the outcome of the football game.

So I'm picking Ryan Broyles. He's a can't miss. If he catches less than 10 balls and goes for less than 150 then I'll just yank my telegraph right out of the wall fling my iPad 2 like a frisbee and give up this weblog business. I kid. My public needs me.

DEFENSE

Jamell Fleming is out. Not that I would pick him anyways but I wanted to prove I could read the scrolling ribbon on ESPNNews. I'm happy to let Navin have dibs on Franky Alexander.

I'll go with Tony Motherfuckin Jefferson. He nearly had 4 INT's the last time the Sooners were at home. A spread attack is where he makes hay. He's a gentleman, a scholar and hell of a guy. Works for me.

THE PICK

On paper last week was business as usual and expected. Everyone knows better. The Sooners have to be more consistent and have better execution. That's bad news for Tech.

It's not as close as the score would indicate but the Sooners come out on top 42-21.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner. Tip them PBR's




No comments:

Post a Comment