Friday, October 22, 2021

Oklahoma Sooners versus Kansas Jayhawks

 Well, Sooner fans, are you not entertained? Caleb Williams looks like the cross pollination of Jalen Hurts and Kyler Murray. I asked my dad if CW should start against Kansas and, after some discussion, he said, "No wonder Spencer was off. He had to be looking over his shoulder."

Kirk Herbstreit was asking for Wet Naps on national television and it was not because he finished his nachos. No, Caleb Williams is that good.

Talk of Spencer Rattler transferring is click bait idiocy though. Spencer Rattler would be a fool to do anything other than put on a headset and absorb as much as possible the remainder of the year. First, he's one play away from coming back in and a championship is at stake. Second, leaving town double post haste because you got outplayed at your spot is unbecoming of a top draft pick. And he's still young. The 2nd best QB at OU last year is leading the nation in passing TD's this year at SMU. He should ask Jalen Hurts how sticking around for a season and then weighing options worked out. 

On to hapless Kansas. There are a few things that have to happen this week. First, everyone stay healthy. Second, Get Caleb Williams somehow more comfortable. Third, continue to let the defense settle in now that the cavalry has arrived. 

OFFENSE

I'm not Adam Schefter but I've watched my fair share of good quarterbacks over the years and what we witnessed in Caleb Williams last week was one of the best QB performances I've ever seen. I've never seen an OU QB look like he's playing chess versus checkers the way I saw. Not a single throw was into double coverage. Almost every incompletion was a dropped touchdown or a pass interference that prevented a touchdown. 

Fuckin-A CW is my OPOG until he decides someone else should carry them. 

DEFENSE

TCU made some plays and the OU offense was brilliant but there's yet more work to do over here. Maybe Woodi Washington and Pat Field and Delarrin Turner-Yell being out make a drastic difference. This week offers a chance to reset the calculus a little bit. Kansas is good at nothing and needs to  remain so. 

The Sooners need to stay healthy and build some depth. Guys like Key Lawrence and Latrell McCutchen need to step up. 

I'm stumped who to pick here. I surveyed the roster and the name Reggie Grimes sticks out. I'm a regular Nostradamus.

THE SCORE

Kansas is a fucking weird place and I hope that means some goofy penalties and maybe a 5th down. I don't want to see injuries or God forbid a struggle. The Sooners TCB bigly.

OU 56 Kansas 10

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner


No comments:

Post a Comment