Saturday, October 9, 2021

texas

 We are back for another edition of the Red River Rivalry, and back with full attendance this year. Which, should result in a pretty raucous crowd I would think. OU has been very consistent this season in that they've been underwhelming. Seemingly, they're content to keep every game within one score. If that trend holds true, I think today will be a loss. This is always a tough, throw-the-records out rivalry contest and I think the edge goes to the underdog for that reason. OU needs to combine a good day on offense and a good day on defense for the first time this year. If they can't get it together in this one, then they truly have no business being ranked in the top 10. 

Offense

My inclination is to go with Kennedy Brooks here. Dude is an absolute monster and he's been the most consistent guy on an otherwise woefully inconsistent team. Spencer Rattler is the antithesis of consistent. He makes so many dumb dick throws that I never really feel comfortable with him. Let's not forget he got benched in this one last year. It was clearly a turning point in his season, but unfortunately that solid play has not carried over. I think he makes some dumb plays today, and I can't pick him for that reason. However, I think he does get the ball to Marvin Mims often today, and I think Mims makes the most of it. I like MM for my OPG. 

Defense

Mirroring the team as a whole, the defense has been all over the place. At times, looking very tough, and then looking like a collective piece of wet toilet paper. In turn, the guys stepping up has been varied as well. For the first time in a long time there are actually a few guys to like on this defense, 11th year senior Pat Fields not withstanding. I'm going with the guy that has really stepped up in this game previously, Nik Bonitto. 

Score

I can't see this being a blowout. While texas has a loss, they're always highly talented and that doesn't really even matter in this one, it's nearly always close. I have a predictable bad feeling today, but I'm going with my hope of hopes. I think the Sooners do just enough to win, but not cover (OU -3.5). Sooners eke it out again, 21-20.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment