Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cincinnati

Well, our first road game of the season comes at a semi-neutral site. Hopefully that bodes well for our team that, as everyone knows, sucked a giant cock on the road last year.  Our QB was sub-par at best on the road and that includes the Stanford game which everyone assumed was Lonnie turning the corner. As we now know, like a Cinemax late movie Lonnie can tantalize us but for the most part leaves us wanting more. I definitely like the fact that the two time reigning Big East champ has gotten off to a pretty shitty start this season. While it doesn't help our resume all that much to win this necessarily, we've got plenty of tests down the road that it doesn't matter really either. And thanks to the crack reporting of the Oklahoman I've learned that after football Lonnie wants to be a minister (not to mention I've walked a mile in the kicker's cleats, really Carlson? See man, it's clever because a kicker doesn't just wear shoes he wears cleats. I hope that Jenni Carlson gets exposed as the center piece in a 2 on 1 pig roast with Berry Tramel slipping his tattered cock from under his tweed jacket and turtle neck in the back, and Jake Trotter sweating his fat ass off on the other end gagging her. I'm drunk). While I can't think of a worse job than spreading the word of the good book, I'm willing to give him a pass only because we're stuck with him as our QB. I really don't care if he prays our way to victory, as long as we win. As for our opponent, they allegedly have a lot of talent, if not injuries, on the offensive skill positions. However, by all accounts their offensive line is shit. I'm not positive but I think they lead the country in sacks allowed. Which, gets me rock hard thinking of Frank Alexander and Beal pummeling their passer early and often. I feel like our defense might get exposed a little early, but unlike last week I think (hope) that we lock it down in the second half. I honestly don't know much about their defense, but it's somewhat moot if Lonnie can't find and hit our open receivers. Our run game has been slow to get going, mostly because teams can stack up for it while Lonnie flounders. Let's hope that we change that today and hit some big plays.

Offense

This week I really like our run to get going. I think Lonnie struggles enough that he doesn't really earn this award. But, and here's the kicker, I think that Mossis (my dog) Madu comes to play today. I think that DeMarco will get his, but Madu has been poised to break out as the 2 in our 1-2 punch running game. He looked salty against FSU, and in spite of an uninspiring performance last week, I think he's breaks at least two big ones today. I think the oft talked about O-line rotation gets rolling and opens some holes. I like the idea of this very much.

Defense

On this side of the ball, I'm going with the vogue pick of late. I really like Tony Jefferson (true frosh no less) to do something big today. This guy feels like he might be the real deal. I'm already fully in his camp, and he's got future MF'er all but tattooed on his face. I like him to force at least one turn over today, and make two more plays that make us feel funny "down there".

Overall, I'm pretty fired up about this game. Two of Mitch and I's closest buddies are out visiting me and so far our itinerary for the day has us getting lunch and then holing up in a bar and watching this game (amongst others).  It's not often living in NYC that I get to watch the game with legit Sooner fans who know the team and I couldn't be much more fired up about that prospect. As a result, I think we bring it today, but with the caveat that Cincy will be ready. Like most weeks this game was circled for them a while ago. But, unlike most games this one was probably circled for us too as it's our first road test. I think it's a good game, and they hang with us better than either of us would like. But, as always, I think we do enough to go into Red River unbeaten. I like the Sooners in this one shutting them down late and winning 28-17. Again, we don't necessarily impress anyone but we continue to win. Let's get these fucksticks.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment