Saturday, September 18, 2010

OU - Air Farce

Navin, I really like what you've done here. Might I say drunk writing is a strong suit. As much as I want to agree with everything you say I'll try to shake it up a bit for the benefit of our vast and ever expanding readership.

First let's tackle this Brave or Sooner business. Who gives a shit? This conversation, if it ever needed to take place, should have happened sometime during the Summer. Berry Tramel was too busy writing puff pieces about the glory days of Bud and Barry. I think he has so little access to the locker room that he has to write about stuff like this when there is actual football to discuss. All I know is today will probably be the loudest home of the Sooners yet. I'm indifferent because I'm usually sucking down beers in the parking lot whilst this is going down. But don't judge me. I'm a patriot.

I'm excited to see this razzle dazzle Triple-Option for the Teens (or whatever this decade winds up being called). The Sooners have spent time preparing for it in the offseason and this spells trouble for Air Force. Oh they'll make some play I'm sure but Brent Vanables always says that discipline is the key to beating the option. So far, the 2010 Sooner D has shown it can be quite disciplined. If they play disciplined today then watch out the rest of the season. This D will be for real and will certainly be conference-championship caliber (that's right, already looking ahead).

Offense

I like the Lonnie pick. I really do. But I'm going to go with a bit of a dark horse here in Kenny Stills. He took a big leap from the Utah State game to the FSU game and I see another step today. I sense that this guy can make people miss in the open field and that Lonnie can give him some opportunities today. The WR rotation seems to be set but if the law firm of Broyles, Kenney and Kenny can collectively have some confidence built up by next week that will be huge.

Defense

After reading over the last two weeks that the base package for the Sooners this season will be the Nickel and how this means less playing time for Ronnell Lewis in comes an Air Force team that will take the Sooners out of their base package for most of the game. So, I'm going out on a limb and presuming Ronnell will see more time today and so I'm picking him. Some big hits will keep the crowd bloodthirsty.


The Result

Sometime in the first three or four drives the Sooner D will look shaky and probably give up some points. But no worries as they settle down and depth and athleticism win the day. Lonnie has a fine day and that helps the ground attack also. The Sooners have no problems scoring. I like the Sooners here 35-14.

Boomer to the motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment