Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Phew. No Shit.

Those were the last two texts exchanged by us after Saturday's game. I'm glad we won, sure. But I'm disappointed that it was that close and even more disappointed in the way it happened. I know that they are like no one else we face, and the option is still a great offense, and all sorts of other horse shit that I couldn't give a fuck less about. The bottom line is we should have won and we did, but we shouldn't have let them back in the game in fourth quarter. I can see them getting some yardage and points, but to let them rally for 14 in the final quarter is unnerving to say the least. After they scored that first touchdown the D should have really buckled down. Credit them for doing what almost no one else has done at our place during the Stoops era: run it up our ass. It shouldn't have to come down to a clutch third down pitch and catch from Lonnie to Stills. But it did, and we held on.

Speaking of Stills, Mitch I really liked that pick and while I'm not sure I'd hand him the player of the game he played his way into the discussion and given the first two weeks I'd call your prediction genius. It's certainly seemed as though he's improved each week and I'm sure the fact that he bailed us out on the last play will build some confidence with Lonnie. I like him to continue to break out.

Finally, I'm not sure I like the way Stoops and Ronnel Lewis seem to be verbally sparring a bit through the Oklahoman. First of all, Lewis had some balls to even try that shit. Second of all, I can't believe Bobby played that game instead of just putting a foot straight up his ass in practice. Whatever, it doesn't really matter I suppose. I hope that amends are made and that is the last we hear of that distraction.

Three and 0 and looking forward to the game this weekend in Cincy. I hope we get back on track defensively and Lonnie remembers not to take the #2 train to brown town in the back of his jockey's just because he didn't get to sleep in his dorm room last night. More on that game later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment