Monday, September 6, 2010

Ouch

Well, that game wasn't exactly the slaughter we hoped for. In fact, it was as embarrassing as a win can be. Mitch, what the hell happened down there? Was it the typical Sooners effort from recent years (see: attitude that we are entitled to win and therefore go through the motions)? Looks like we both did a decent job on our players of the game. Quinton MF Carter came through with a decent effort statistically, 7 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT, and 1 pass broken up. I nearly nailed DeMarco with 250 APY (he finished with 256), and a case could certainly be made for Broyles (9 catches for 142 with 2 TDs). However, no one could have predicted the absolute diarrhea our pass defense would resemble. While I thought we would cough up a few big gainers and maybe some points, I never thought they would carve us up like they did. I didn't get to watch the game or listen to it (can you believe they charge  to listen to the game on the web? Sorry Merv, your folksy color commentary warrants payment to avoid), but I would love to hear your thoughts Mitch since you saw it first hand. Any early takers for this years Matt McCoy memorial Gas Rag (as in "easily burned")? I'm pretty discouraged, but not as much as I was after last season's opener. I'm not even going to mention what, by all accounts, was a shit performance from Lonnie. All I know is he'd better settle in or the calls for Blake Bell will start coming in pretty heavily. I'm far more nervous about next week than I was on Friday. We'd better get some things fixed or FSU will end our 31 game home win streak going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment